On this article, we’ll spotlight the next:
- High content material advertising statistics
- Content advertising technique statistics
- B2B content material advertising statistics
- B2C content material advertising statistics
- Natural search statistics
- Running a blog statistics
- Video statistics
- Podcast statistics
- Different fascinating statistics
Listed here are probably the most fascinating content material advertising statistics we expect it is best to know.
- 82% of entrepreneurs are actively investing in content material advertising, 10% report not utilizing content material advertising, and eight% are not sure if their firm makes use of content material advertising (HubSpot).
- 43% of B2B entrepreneurs have a documented content material advertising technique, and 60% of probably the most profitable B2B entrepreneurs have a documented content material advertising technique (Content Marketing Institute).
- 69% of entrepreneurs actively make investments time in search engine optimization (HubSpot).
- 60% of entrepreneurs report that content material advertising generates demand/leads. As well as, 70% of entrepreneurs say that content material advertising helps to teach the viewers, and 60% say that it helps construct loyalty with present purchasers/prospects (CMI).
- Video is the first type of advertising media being created in 2021, adopted by blogs (utilized by greater than half of selling groups), then infographics (HubSpot).
- 73% of individuals admit to skimming weblog posts, whereas 27% eat them totally (HubSpot).
- 71% of entrepreneurs say that focusing on strategic key phrases is their prime search engine optimization tactic (HubSpot).
- 51% of the companies that spend money on content material advertising publish content material day-after-day (The Manifest).
- Though 32% of respondents say they’re overwhelmed by the quantity of content material out there, a majority (44%) say they usually eat three to 5 items of content material earlier than partaking with a vendor (DemandGen).
- 69% of respondents favor to study a services or products from a brief video. 18% favor to learn a text-based article, web site, or publish. 4% favor to view an infographic. 3% favor to obtain an e book or handbook. 3% favor to attend a webinar or pitch. 2% favor to obtain a gross sales name or demo (Wyzowl).
- 81% of entrepreneurs view content material as a core enterprise technique (CMI).
As you may see within the earlier part, most profitable content material entrepreneurs have a documented content material technique. Listed here are some statistics to encourage your technique.
- The highest 3 main objectives of making content material are boosting gross sales, constructing relationships with prospects, and rising model consciousness (eMarketer).
- Content advertising generates over 3x as many leads as outbound advertising and prices 62% much less (Demand Metric).
- 72% of probably the most profitable entrepreneurs in North America measure the ROI of their content material advertising (eMarketer).
Right here’s what B2B entrepreneurs say about their content material advertising efforts.
- Solely 4% of B2B entrepreneurs don’t plan to develop a content material advertising technique (CMI).
- 87% of B2B entrepreneurs prioritize the viewers’s informational wants over the group’s gross sales/promotional messages (CMI).
- Content creation is probably the most outsourced content material advertising exercise amongst B2B entrepreneurs (CMI).
- The highest 3 natural content material distribution channels utilized by B2B entrepreneurs are social media, electronic mail, and their group’s weblog/web site (CMI).
- LinkedIn is utilized by 96% of B2B content material entrepreneurs (CMI).
- Solely 28% of B2B entrepreneurs don’t use paid content material distribution channels (CMI).
- 78% of B2B entrepreneurs make use of key phrase analysis for search engine optimization whereas creating content material (CMI).
Let’s see how solutions given by B2C content material entrepreneurs evaluate to their B2B counterparts.
- Solely 6% of B2C entrepreneurs don’t plan to develop a content material advertising technique (CMI).
- Content creation is probably the most outsourced content material advertising exercise amongst B2C entrepreneurs (CMI).
- The highest 3 natural content material distribution channels utilized by B2C entrepreneurs are social media, electronic mail, and their group’s weblog/web site (CMI).
- The highest 3 most frequently used content material codecs by B2C entrepreneurs are weblog posts/quick articles, electronic mail newsletters, and movies (CMI).
- B2C entrepreneurs who use at the least two natural social media platforms report that Fb (59%) and Instagram (21%) produce one of the best general content material advertising outcomes (CMI).
- Solely 28% of B2C entrepreneurs don’t use paid content material distribution channels (CMI).
- 73% of B2C entrepreneurs make use of key phrase analysis for search engine optimization whereas creating content material (CMI).
As our collected statistics have already confirmed, most content material entrepreneurs do key phrase analysis and spend money on search engine optimization. In different phrases, they spend money on natural search. Let’s see what else we are able to discover about this advertising channel.
- 90.63% of pages get no natural search visitors from Google (Ahrefs).
- 68% of on-line experiences start with a search engine (Brightedge).
- 71% of B2B researchers begin their analysis with generic search as a substitute of branded search (Google).
- 53% of consumers say they at all times do analysis earlier than a purchase order to make sure they’re making the very best selection (Google).
- Solely 5.7% of pages will rank within the prime 10 search outcomes inside a yr of publication (Ahrefs).
- Virtually two-thirds of worldwide on-line search comes from cellular gadgets (Perficient).
- 69% of entrepreneurs actively spend money on search engine optimization (HubSpot).
- The highest 3 most frequently used metrics for search engine optimization are key phrase rating, natural visitors, and time spent on web page (HubSpot).
- Usually talking, the extra backlinks a web page has, the extra natural visitors it will get from Google (Ahrefs).
- The common #1 rating web page may even rank within the prime 10 for almost 1,000 different related key phrases (Ahrefs).
- There’s no correlation between Flesch Studying Ease scores and rating positions (Ahrefs).
Handpicked statistics for this cornerstone of many content material methods.
- Individuals hardly ever learn on-line. They’re way more prone to scan than learn phrase for phrase. They merely need to pick the knowledge that’s most pertinent to their present wants (Nielsen).
- 70% of individuals relatively get info from blogs than conventional commercials (Demand Metric).
- So far, there are greater than 600 million blogs out of 1.9 billion web sites on the earth. Their authors account for over 6 million weblog posts each day, or over 2.5 billion yearly (internet hosting tribunal).
- How-to articles are the most well-liked content material codecs (77%), adopted by information and developments (49%), and guides and ebooks (47%) (Statista).
- Just one-third of bloggers recurrently verify their blogs’ visitors analytics (Statista).
- Engagement begins to drop for posts with a studying time longer than seven minutes (Medium).
As reported by Hubspot, video is the first type of advertising media being created in 2021. Plainly video advertising is not an possibility.
- 70% of viewers purchased from a model after seeing it on YouTube (Google).
- 79% of individuals say they’ve been satisfied to purchase or obtain a bit of software program or app by watching a video (Wyzowl).
- 50.9% of B2B decision-makers use YouTube to analysis purchases (Hootsuite).
- YouTube is the second-most visited web site within the U.S. by natural visitors (Ahrefs).
- YouTube reaches extra 18- to 49-year-olds in a mean week than all cable TV networks mixed (Google).
- Video viewers say regarding their passions is 3X extra vital than content material that includes well-known actors (Google).
- Video viewers say regarding their passions is 1.6X extra vital than content material with excessive manufacturing high quality (Google).
- 86% of companies use video as a advertising device (Wyzowl).
- 91% of entrepreneurs really feel the pandemic has made video extra vital for manufacturers (Wyzowl).
- 96% of individuals have watched an explainer video to study extra a few services or products (Wyzowl).
- 85% of individuals need to see extra movies from manufacturers in 2021 (Wyzowl).
Manufacturers like Slack, Shopify, and Basecamp have already invested in making a branded podcast. These statistics present that entrepreneurs ought to at the least contemplate promoting on podcasts.
- Podcast advert spending within the U.S. is anticipated to achieve $1.74B in 2022, a 23% enhance from 2021 (Statista).
- 57% of Individuals hearken to podcasts (Edison Analysis).
- 80% of podcast listeners hearken to all or most of every episode (Podcast Insights).
- Weekly podcast listeners tune in to a mean of 8 podcasts per week (Edison Analysis).
- Every week in America, there are extra podcast listeners than Netflix account holders (Edison Analysis).
Is visible content material vital? Is there one thing like one of the best day to publish? How do folks resolve what hyperlink to click on? Discover out under.
- Individuals following instructions with textual content and illustrations do 323% higher than folks following instructions with out illustrations (W.H Levie, H.Lentz).
- Nearly all of entrepreneurs surveyed say that visible content material is a key element of their advertising technique. 64% say that visuals are both important or essential. Solely 9.6% don’t require visuals for their content material advertising (Venngage).
- There’s no “best day” to publish a brand new piece of content material. Social shares are distributed evenly amongst posts revealed on totally different days of the week (Backlinko).
- The common time a reader allocates a e-newsletter after opening it’s only 51 seconds. Members of the research absolutely learn solely 19% of newsletters (Nielsen).
- When deciding which hyperlinks to click on on the net, customers select these with the very best info scent, which is a mixture of cues they get from the hyperlink label, the context wherein the hyperlink is proven, and their prior experiences (Nielsen).
I hope you’ve discovered helpful perception within the above assortment of statistics. In any case, it’s at all times a good suggestion to look for data-driven solutions to your advertising hypotheses.
However let’s do not forget that it’s sensible to take any statistic with a grain of salt. Statistics are generalizations of solely a portion of the fact round us. Additionally, they aren’t methodologically sound all the time: small pattern sizes, p‑hacking, and spurious correlations are fairly widespread.
So for those who’ve simply learn a bit of information that contradicts your skilled advertising expertise, don’t throw away your content material technique simply but. As a substitute, dig deeper.
Lastly, if you wish to study extra about content material advertising, we’ve acquired a couple of guides prepared for you:
- Why is Content Marketing Essential? 5 Causes
- Content Marketing: A Complete Information for 2021
- The best way to Create a Successful Content Technique
- 5 Successful Forms of Content Marketing to Develop Your Enterprise
- 7 Inspiring Content Marketing Examples (And The best way to Replicate Them)
Obtained questions? Ping me on Twitter.
#Content #Marketing #Statistics